CHIUSO Heroes of Might & Magic III (Novembre 2022)

rikicorgan

Maestro
Osservatore Spendaccione! Perfetto come un diamante! 1 anno con i Goblins! Sei uno stalker! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Sito Web
boardgamegeek.com
Goblons
Fallout
Oathsworn
7th Continent
Tocca a Te
Agzaroth sorpreso
Barrage
Twilight Imperium
Caylus
Splotter Spellen
I love Magnifico!
Brass Lancashire
Io gioco col Verde!
Mage Knight
On Mars
Primal: The Awakening
Ritorno al Futuro
Through the Ages
Kingdom Death Monster
Cylon
Rage
Utente Bgg
rikicorgan
Board Game Arena
rikicorgan
Yucata
rikicorgan
III° Designer's note - 26 Luglio

The Cards of Might and Magic - Deckbuilding Explained​

The wealth of the original
The cult-classic Heroes of Might and Magic III is a computer game full of diverse factions. Do you prefer the strength and solidity of the Castle or the wizarding tricks of the Dungeon? Or maybe you like the approach of Sandro and his Necropolis the most - Where others see peasants, I see an opportunity?
The factions, however, are only the beginning; after deciding on one of them, the player has to choose a hero. Here is another pleasant dilemma - to play the hero of Might or the hero of Magic? Which specialization should you choose? There are many other elements during the course of the game - leveling the hero, speccing your ability tree, choosing artifacts and obtaining the desired spells, and of course, maintaining high morale in the army…

Deckbuilding is our Grail

As the creators of the table-top version of Heroes III, we faced the very real challenge of converting the above-mentioned key elements of the original into efficient mechanics of the board game. We searched for a long time, and the pieces of the puzzle were slowly revealed, but the picture was still unclear. In the end, we decided to hire another hero - Alex - who helped us find our Grail - deckbuilding.

The hero screen made to match table-top

The deckbuilding mechanics have become the hero screen of our board game. Here we have managed to include everything in a convenient and intuitive system. The main hero starts the game with a specific deck of Might and Magic. Their Attack, Defense, Knowledge, and Power statistics have been converted into the number of cards in the initial deck, thanks to which the player can modify the statistics of their units during combat or increase the spells' effectiveness. It’s the same with specialization - each hero has at their disposal unique cards, which - just like in the original - strengthen units or skills or expand the hero's spell pool.
As the game progresses, the deck expands - it becomes more Mighty or more Magical; it is here that the artifacts, spells, and abilities acquired by the hero appear.

The whole mechanic is connected with the hero's experience system - their level determines how many cards the player can have in their hand and how many cards they can play on an expert level. When advancing to most levels, the hero gains skill cards, and on certain levels, they strengthen their deck with more specialization cards.

Fine relics and curios!

The additional charm that the cards of Might and Magic add is their diversity - despite their consistency and same card back. First of all, in all cards, we distinguish instant effects - those that work immediately, and ongoing effects - the effect of which lasts until the end of a player's turn or combat round.

Second, many cards have two alternate actions to choose from.

It is also impossible not to mention the possibility of playing a card at the basic level for a weaker effect or at the expert level with a stronger effect (cards at the expert level can only be used 1-3 per turn, depending on the hero's experience level). Finally, spell cards can also be played in a variety of ways. Spells in the base power range - from the weakest effect - can be cast by any hero; however, Power cards are required to enhance the card's effect. Thus, a regular Magic Arrow can deal from 1 to 3 damage!

Adventure screen, Hero screen, Combat screen…

...The gameplay of the original Heroes III is essentially condensed into these three screens... I think we put it really well in the board game. Inevitably - it is different than in the video game, which does not change the fact that everything works as it should. We have dedicated the previous blog post Why do map tiles matter? to our adventure screen; there will be another post about the combat screen. In the meantime, check out our deckbuilding hero screen. Yes, yes, it cannot be denied that other games also have deckbuilding... but only with us will you find the unique deckbuilding of Might and Magic! Don't miss it and sign up now at:
https://homm3boardgame.com/

rikicorgan

Maestro
Osservatore Spendaccione! Perfetto come un diamante! 1 anno con i Goblins! Sei uno stalker! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Sito Web
boardgamegeek.com
Goblons
Fallout
Oathsworn
7th Continent
Tocca a Te
Agzaroth sorpreso
Barrage
Twilight Imperium
Caylus
Splotter Spellen
I love Magnifico!
Brass Lancashire
Io gioco col Verde!
Mage Knight
On Mars
Ritorno al Futuro
Through the Ages
Kingdom Death Monster
Cylon
Rage
Utente Bgg
rikicorgan
Board Game Arena
rikicorgan
Yucata
rikicorgan
IV° Designer's note - 3 Agosto

To win a war, you need resources - Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game economy explained​

Find out how resources work in Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game.

It's all 'bout... the money​

What comes to mind when we think of "Heroes of Might and Magic"? Riding a horse through a fairy-tale land? Sure. We’ve already published a blog post about how we depict this aspect in our board game:
Why do map tiles matter?
Chess-like turn-based battles? Naturally. The next post will be on this very topic.
But why are the heroes traversing the map? How can they expand towns and recruit units? It’s all about resources, of course.

Resource management becomes more convenient...​

Economics are at the core of "Heroes," and I am sure that players have very often looked at the bottom of the screen at the thin bar with their current amount of resources. The bar showed seven resources: wood, ore, gold, mercury, sulfur, crystal and gems.
For the board game to run smoothly, we had to reduce the number of resources and combine them into common "groups." In "Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game," players will thus manage - building materials, gold and valuables. It is not difficult to guess that the building materials represent wood and ore, and the valuables represent all four magic resources (mercury, sulfur, crystal, and gems).

Rush, rush, rush to build a capitol! ;-)​

However, this reduction does not in any way detract from their value. Without skillful resource management, it is impossible to succeed in "Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game."
It is impractical to expand towns without resources - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to build these structures:
- City Hall (do check if "rushing" a City Hall in the board game is more profitable than "rushing" a Capitol in the computer game),
- Citadel (without it, you cannot increase your army),
- Mage Guild (mandatory for wizards),
- creature dwellings (a starting army is not enough),
- a unique building for each faction (check them out).

Resources - the one to rule them all...​

It is also impossible to recruit an army without resources. Each faction unit has a recruitment cost and a cost to increase its amount. It may happen that one of your creatures is completely eliminated; you can recruit them again, only the state of your economy is the limitation.

A World conqueror... and their accountant​

Sometimes resources will also be indispensable when exploring the map. Some locations (for example the Tree of Knowledge) will require you to spend gold or valuables. Without gold, you cannot purchase the next spells from the mage guild. When you need to exchange resources visit the trading posts available on the map.

Behind each successful man, behind each "world conqueror," there is... their accountant. The creators of the cult hit "Heroes 3" have not forgotten about it; neither have we.

Ultima modifica:

brenzo

Maestro
Osservatore 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Brass Lancashire
Terraforming Mars
Mage Knight
Kingdom Death Monster
Puerto Rico Anniversary
Scythe
Motorhead
Io intanto ringrazio gli Dei che mi hanno fulminato il Mac (14 anni di onorato servizio) e fatto si che la mia compagna finalmente abbia accettato di prendere un portatile con Windows...

LoSkuba

Saggio
Osservatore 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK! First reaction SHOCK!
Sito Web
www.playupgames.com
Goblons
In poppa magna!
Triade il verde è troppo verde!
I love Kickstarter
I Love Birra
Utente Bgg
LoSkuba
Board Game Arena
LoSkuba
Io intanto ringrazio gli Dei che mi hanno fulminato il Mac (14 anni di onorato servizio) e fatto si che la mia compagna finalmente abbia accettato di prendere un portatile con Windows...

Vai di GOG che ormai sono tutti ad offerta stracciata!!!

Graficamente è un pugno agli occhi oggi, ma è fedele all'originale.

Decisamente in testa alla mia hype list.

Fool_Jester

Onnisciente
Goblons
Utente Bgg
FoolJester
Come ho fatto a perdermi questo annuncio?

Dove posso recuperare tutte le info?

Gatsu976

Goblin
Osservatore 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Vicino Firenze, paesino centro del mondo.
Goblons
Board Game Arena
Gatsu976

Fool_Jester

Onnisciente
Goblons
Utente Bgg
FoolJester
Ed è pure un deck building!

Su Archon studio cosa sapete dirmi? Io avevo fatto il KS di LOAD ed era arrivato puntuale.

LudicoPedro

Grande Goblin
Iperattivo! Osservatore Spendaccione! Like a Ninja 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Mini Rogue
Grey Gnomes Games
Too Many Bones: Unbreakable
Oathsworn
Gears of War
Descent
Viaggi nella Terra di Mezzo
Regicide
Hexplore It
Chip Theory Games
Spirit Island
Dungeon Universalis
Gloomhaven
Scimmia onnipresente
Io gioco American
I love Kickstarter
Tableflip
Arkham Horror LCG
Kingdom Death Monster
Utente Bgg
Ludicopedro

Delia

Super Goblin
Osservatore Spendaccione! 5 anni con i Goblins! Free Hugs! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Star Trek
Cthulhu for President
Verso Mordor
Gioconauta
Alien
H.P. Lovecraft
Agricola
Miss Meeple
Gioca Giullari
Il Meeple con la camicia
Al4opiù
Agzaroth sorpreso
Il puzzillo del Sud
Tolkien
Tocca a Te
Gloomhaven
I Love Birra
Nemesis
I love Fedellow
Io gioco col Verde!
Terra Mystica
Arkham Horror LCG
Scimmia onnipresente
Come ho fatto a perdermi questo annuncio?

Dove posso recuperare tutte le info?
ci sei anche tu? colpa di @Gatsu976

Erathia...Euthia....

Quanto mi ricorda Mage Knight!!!! In questi giorni mi sono informata bene per capirne le differenze con Euthia e Heroes of Might and Magic mi ricorda un mare MK. Probabilmente e' pero' vero il contrario per gli esperti. MK ricorda Heroes..
Ho un deja-vu per il Lizard Warrior: Star Wars

Ultima modifica:

Zaress

Goblin
Osservatore Spendaccione! 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Dungeons & Dragons
Root
Scimmia onnipresente
Viaggi nella Terra di Mezzo
Boba sempre con noi
Scythe
Dune
Twilight Imperium
I love Kickstarter
Io gioco col Nero!
Utente Bgg
segretolunare
Ho adorato quasi tutta l serie... confido veramente che sia il gioco definitivo. Possiedo il vecchio Heroes, pur essendo molto sottovalutato come titolo e molto lungo e macchinoso

Fool_Jester

Onnisciente
Goblons
Utente Bgg
FoolJester
ci sei anche tu? colpa di @Gatsu976

Erathia...Euthia....

Quanto mi ricorda Mage Knight!!!! In questi giorni mi sono informata bene per capirne le differenze con Euthia e Heroes of Might and Magic mi ricorda un mare MK. Probabilmente e' pero' vero il contrario per gli esperti. MK ricorda Heroes..
Ho un deja-vu per il Lizard Warrior: Star Wars
Eh già😅
Ecco, probabilmente questo HoM&M rischia davvero di essere molto simile a MK ma il semplice fatto che abbia la licenza del videogame mi basta.

Ho adorato quasi tutta l serie... confido veramente che sia il gioco definitivo. Possiedo il vecchio Heroes, pur essendo molto sottovalutato come titolo e molto lungo e macchinoso
Il vecchio boardgame di Heroes è stato il motivo per il quale ho acquistato MK.
Cercando info e recensioni sul titolo avevo letto diversi pareri di persone che dicevano che il vero Heroes da tavolo era Mage Knight.
Heroes non l'ho mai provato ma effettivamente MK è HoM&M con i numeri di serie limati...

Questo KS sarà un colpo basso alla mia scimmia.

Adesso l'altro dilemma è, vale la pena restare dentro al KS di Euthia? 🤯

Delia

Super Goblin
Osservatore Spendaccione! 5 anni con i Goblins! Free Hugs! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Star Trek
Cthulhu for President
Verso Mordor
Gioconauta
Alien
H.P. Lovecraft
Agricola
Miss Meeple
Gioca Giullari
Il Meeple con la camicia
Al4opiù
Agzaroth sorpreso
Il puzzillo del Sud
Tolkien
Tocca a Te
Gloomhaven
I Love Birra
Nemesis
I love Fedellow
Io gioco col Verde!
Terra Mystica
Arkham Horror LCG
Scimmia onnipresente
Eh già😅
Ecco, probabilmente questo HoM&M rischia davvero di essere molto simile a MK ma il semplice fatto che abbia la licenza del videogame mi basta.

Il vecchio boardgame di Heroes è stato il motivo per il quale ho acquistato MK.
Cercando info e recensioni sul titolo avevo letto diversi pareri di persone che dicevano che il vero Heroes da tavolo era Mage Knight.
Heroes non l'ho mai provato ma effettivamente MK è HoM&M con i numeri di serie limati...

Questo KS sarà un colpo basso alla mia scimmia.

Adesso l'altro dilemma è, vale la pena restare dentro al KS di Euthia? 🤯
Non credo piu' di pledgiare Euthia...ti diro'...voglio giocare Mage Knight e voglio vedere cos'e' questo HoMM...

Fool_Jester

Onnisciente
Goblons
Utente Bgg
FoolJester
Non credo piu' di pledgiare Euthia...ti diro'...voglio giocare Mage Knight e voglio vedere cos'e' questo HoMM...
Sono della tua stessa idea. Rimango con il dollarino (tanto 15€ di negromante non sono un buon motivo per fare le cose si fretta).

E poi, giusto per versare altra benzina sul fuoco, la SFG ha appena annunciato un nuovo Dark Souls e se per caso dovesse avere delle regole riviste (magari più simili a quelle usate per Monster Hunter) sarebbe un pledge obbligato per tutti i vecchi backers.

Albus

Goblin
Osservatore Spendaccione! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Soulgivers
Dungeon Universalis
Alone
Daisuke Jigen
Goemon Ishikawa XIII
Arsenio Lupin III
I love Radio Goblin!
LEGO
7th Continent
Sono un Warlock
Gioconauta
Tocca a Te
Age of Empires III
7 Wonders Duel
Android Netrunner
Dungeons & Dragons
Anachrony
Harry Potter
I love LCG
Sono un Game Master
E poi, giusto per versare altra benzina sul fuoco, la SFG ha appena annunciato un nuovo Dark Souls e se per caso dovesse avere delle regole riviste (magari più simili a quelle usate per Monster Hunter) sarebbe un pledge obbligato per tutti i vecchi backers.
Dove lo ha annunciato?
Direi di aprire un topic apposito

Albus

Goblin
Osservatore Spendaccione! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Soulgivers
Dungeon Universalis
Alone
Daisuke Jigen
Goemon Ishikawa XIII
Arsenio Lupin III
I love Radio Goblin!
LEGO
7th Continent
Sono un Warlock
Gioconauta
Tocca a Te
Age of Empires III
7 Wonders Duel
Android Netrunner
Dungeons & Dragons
Anachrony
Harry Potter
I love LCG
Sono un Game Master

Wawwowo

Iniziato
1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Il fatto che sia con carte e non con miniature mi fa sperare in un costo abbordabile

Fool_Jester

Onnisciente
Goblons
Utente Bgg
FoolJester
Il fatto che sia con carte e non con miniature mi fa sperare in un costo abbordabile
Penso che sulla mappa ci saranno le miniature degli eroi. Sarebbe strano se la Archon non usasse tonnellate di plastica…

blacklotus

Grande Saggio
Osservatore Spendaccione! Osservatore Spendaccione! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Gloomhaven
In poppa magna!
Le Leggende di Andor
Marvel Zombies
Zombicide
Assalto Imperiale
AuZtralia
Nemesis
Blood Rage
Io gioco American
I love Kickstarter

1660068079787.jpeg

To win a war, you need resources - Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game economy explained​

Find out how resources work in Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game.

It’s all 'bout… the money​

What comes to mind when we think of « Heroes of Might and Magic »? Riding a horse through a fairy-tale land? Sure. We’ve already published a blog post about how we depict this aspect in our board game:

Why do map tiles matter?

Chess-like turn-based battles? Naturally. The next post will be on this very topic.

But why are the heroes traversing the map? How can they expand towns and recruit units? It’s all about resources, of course.

Resource management becomes more convenient…​

Economics are at the core of « Heroes, » and I am sure that players have very often looked at the bottom of the screen at the thin bar with their current amount of resources. The bar showed seven resources: wood, ore, gold, mercury, sulfur, crystal and gems.

For the board game to run smoothly, we had to reduce the number of resources and combine them into common « groups. » In « Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game, » players will thus manage - building materials, gold and valuables. It is not difficult to guess that the building materials represent wood and ore, and the valuables represent all four magic resources (mercury, sulfur, crystal, and gems).

Rush, rush, rush to build a capitol!
:wink:

However, this reduction does not in any way detract from their value. Without skillful resource management, it is impossible to succeed in « Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Board Game. »
It is impractical to expand towns without resources - otherwise you wouldn’t be able to build these structures:

• City Hall (do check if « rushing » a City Hall in the board game is more profitable than « rushing » a Capitol in the computer game),
  • Citadel (without it, you cannot increase your army),
  • Mage Guild (mandatory for wizards),
  • creature dwellings (a starting army is not enough),
  • a unique building for each faction (check them out).

Resources - the one to rule them all…​

It is also impossible to recruit an army without resources. Each faction unit has a recruitment cost and a cost to increase its amount. It may happen that one of your creatures is completely eliminated; you can recruit them again, only the state of your economy is the limitation.

A World conqueror… and their accountant​

Sometimes resources will also be indispensable when exploring the map. Some locations (for example the Tree of Knowledge) will require you to spend gold or valuables. Without gold, you cannot purchase the next spells from the mage guild. When you need to exchange resources visit the trading posts available on the map.

Behind each successful man, behind each « world conqueror, » there is… their accountant. The creators of the cult hit « Heroes 3 » have not forgotten about it; neither have we.

Alto Basso