FUTURO VALHEIM the board game

antonio74

Iniziato
5 anni con i Goblins! 1 anno con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Valheim is a 1-4 player co-op board game where teamwork and strategy are key to survival. Gather your fellow companions and venture forward to explore, build, collect resources, forge weapons, battle enemies, and carve your path towards summoning the ultimate evil. The fate of everyone lies in your hands!

LudicoPedro

Grande Goblin
Love Love Love! Iperattivo! Osservatore Spendaccione! Like a Ninja 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Mini Rogue
Grey Gnomes Games
Too Many Bones: Unbreakable
Oathsworn
Gears of War
Descent
Viaggi nella Terra di Mezzo
Regicide
Hexplore It
Chip Theory Games
Primal: The Awakening
Spirit Island
Dungeon Universalis
Gloomhaven
Scimmia onnipresente
Io gioco American
I love Kickstarter
Tableflip
Arkham Horror LCG
Kingdom Death Monster
Utente Bgg
Ludicopedro
Valheim is a 1-4 player co-op board game where teamwork and strategy are key to survival. Gather your fellow companions and venture forward to explore, build, collect resources, forge weapons, battle enemies, and carve your path towards summoning the ultimate evil. The fate of everyone lies in your hands!
E questo potrebbe rimpiazzare istantaneamente il mio pledge di Terraria ... 🤷‍♂️ 😅

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
Incrocio le dita x questo progetto....🙏🤞

Ultima modifica:

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
Il Game designer di questo gioco:
"Ole Steiness has been making computer games and board games for years, professionally and just for the fun of it!

Ole is the Game Designer behind Champions of Midgard and other mid-weight, thematic games, such as Police Precinct and Meeples & Monsters.

Ole has worked professionally on computer games as a game designer, level designer and QA Manager for many years, before going full-time to do tabletop games. Therefore, it was only natural for him to make board game adaptations of video games, and his first one was Deep Rock Galactic - the Board Game.

Ole lives with his family and dog in Copenhagen, Denmark."

Ultima modifica:

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
Da https://www.polygon.com/24180447/valheim-the-board-game-mood-publishing-crowdfunding

Valheim
: The Board Game was built off the success of Deep Rock Galactic: The Board Game, another tabletop adaptation of a popular video game that aims to keep the same vibe as the original. With Deep Rock Galactic, it’s easier to create a one-to-one experience — a match in the video game is a round of the board game. But Valheim is a sprawling experience that’s harder to encapsulate. Valheim: The Board Game is coming to crowdfunding on Gamefound later this year.Playing on a Valheim server with a cohort of pals is a big experience, made up of weeks and months of farming, building, adventure, boss fighting, and general Viking antics. So how does the board game adaptation boil all of that down into a two-hour session? It’s no easy feat, but the designers looked to Valheim’s biomes and the altars that summon bosses like Bonemass or The Elder.Each session of the board game represents a scenario of a larger Valheim life in the 10th realm. “You have to develop yourself and your home to be able to take on this challenge,” says Steiness. “You’re going to explore the map, which is going to be tiles on the board, and you’ll have events going on and creatures showing up to challenge you. As you fight your way through it, you gather resources so you and your friends can build up, make a cool character, a cool home, until you take on the big boss fight at the end of the game.”Different sessions of Valheim: The Board Game will have different layouts and scenarios that play out over a two-hour game session. Not all of the scenarios will be tests of martial prowess. “It was important to both us and Iron Gate [the developer of Valheim] that it’s not only about killing stuff — it’s about developing other traits and making sure that other parts work. Some people find it fun to build a house, or some people want to go explore. We have a 3D model of your home in the game, and it’s an empty house you have to fill out.”
In Valheim, new furniture and workbenches at the homestead raise your comfort level and allow you to craft new gear. That’s true in Valheim: The Board Game as well, which allows players to linger at home to enhance their equipment and build armor while others venture out into the Black Forest to kill monsters. In order to refine these roles, there are character archetypes: The Ranger is probably out scouting and fighting trolls, while the Sailor is focusing on securing naval routes, and the Gatherer gathers up everything needed for a nutritious stew. Everyone can do everything, but these roles allow players to specialize in a way similar to the original game.

The board will also change depending on the boss you’re fighting. Bonemass, for instance, will cause the board to be populated with more swamp biomes and poison tiles. When the endgame begins, the players flip the board, revealing a boss arena for the final showdown.Valheim: The Board Game will be available to back on Gamefound later in 2024. More details will be released on Valheim’s X feed and community Discord as they become available.

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
Non so voi... ma a me sto progetto pare proprio interessante!!!

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
AGGIORNAMENTO #1
02/07/2024 16:42

Thank you for following! Check out the player minis.​

Aggiornamento #1

Big milestone of 13.000+ followers achieved! To celebrate, we are revealing the player miniatures.
Greetings, warriors! Welcome to the Valheim: The Board Game preview, and thank you for following!

First of all: WOW! We are already way beyond 13.000 followers!! What a immense show of support - thank you. We are stoked to see so many people being as excited about the project as we are, and we can not wait to show you more.

To celebrate, we want to share the first glimpse of the player minis - check them out:

We will be sharing a lot of cool info, updates and visuals in the coming weeks, so stay tuned.

And remember, watch out for falling trees!

Warmest regards,
The MOOD Publishing team

LudicoPedro

Grande Goblin
Love Love Love! Iperattivo! Osservatore Spendaccione! Like a Ninja 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Mini Rogue
Grey Gnomes Games
Too Many Bones: Unbreakable
Oathsworn
Gears of War
Descent
Viaggi nella Terra di Mezzo
Regicide
Hexplore It
Chip Theory Games
Primal: The Awakening
Spirit Island
Dungeon Universalis
Gloomhaven
Scimmia onnipresente
Io gioco American
I love Kickstarter
Tableflip
Arkham Horror LCG
Kingdom Death Monster
Utente Bgg
Ludicopedro

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons

Tante news....e la scimmia si fa sentire....​

Gameplay and Components Reveal – Pre-Campaign Update #1​

Aggiornamento #2

In this update, we reveal the core gameplay loop, the game components, and talk about the plans for the coming preview campaign updates. Finally, we lift the curtains on the super cool follower gift for the seasoned player.
Thank you, Vikings!
We want to start off by extending a huge thanks to all our followers - we are humbled by your hype and excitement. We’re working tirelessly to fulfill your expectations and make Valheim: The Board Game a fantastic game with captivating gameplay and beautiful art – and your support is the greatest motivator.

As of this writing, we have exceeded 16,000 followers! Wow.

We know you guys have been waiting for an update on the actual game (not just minis) and we are happy to finally reveal much more of what you can expect.

The Valheim Experience
You guys have been patiently awaiting more insight into the gameplay and we are excited to finally reveal how the game will play. Let’s dive into that.

Core Gameplay Loop
Valheim: The Board Game is a co-op survival adventure game where your goal is to banish evil from Valheim and defeat the Forsaken. To prepare for the ultimate challenge, you will have to explore uncharted territories, fight creatures, gather materials, craft your equipment, and improve your home. But be careful, the Forsaken will try to halt you with changing conditions, events, and sudden raids.

Each scenario will focus on one of the four bosses, with different biomes and unique events tied to them. You never know what can happen, so be sure to prepare for the worst!

Building Your Warrior
Before you start the game, you will choose one of four warriors, each with a unique player board where you’ll track your health, stamina, gear, and consumables. Before starting, you will select unique powers and skills that improve your abilities throughout the game if unlocked.

The Homestead
You will start in your shared base. Here, you can rest, craft better gear, brew powerful meads, cook delicious meals, and build useful furniture. If you happen to die in glorious combat, this is also where you will respawn.

Exploring New Territories
During your adventure, you’ll be revealing new tiles. Each tile is unique and represents one of the four biomes: Meadows, Black Forest, Swamps, and Mountain. It can contain materials to gather and chests to loot for unique rewards, but also challenging terrain and hostile creatures. Fight and defeat them immediately or risk getting attacked!

Challenging the Forsaken
You are racing against time, so make every move count. If you don’t manage to complete the scenario objective and summon the boss in time, you’ll fail. If you complete the objective, you will face the Forsaken in their unique boss arenas, where proper preparation and tactics are essential. If you and your team perish, you lose, and evil will rule Valheim for eternity. If you succeed, you win and bring peace to Valheim – for the time being...

Game Components
Now, let’s have a look at what’s in the box! Valheim: The Board Game is easy to learn but offers great replayability through different choices and scenarios. This means that the game will contain a wealth of cool components and elements that come together to give you an amazing experience.

Game Board
The play area consists of a main map board for the tiles, a base board with space for cards and upgrades, and a boss arena board with an event and boss tracker. The playable map will be assembled from hexagonal tiles, and each gathered material is represented by a resource token.

Player Board
The player board has space for tracker cubes, consumable tokens, equipment, and your unique powers and skills. Each craftable item will have its own card, ranging from common items to legendary weapons. Swap out the colored animal head to match your favorite character with your preferred color. The game will also feature custom dice to be used depending on the creatures you are fighting and the tools you have equipped.

Characters
You will control one of four different warrior miniatures and face various creatures, from graylings, skeletons, and fenring, to trolls, abominations, and more. Each Forsaken will be represented by their own standee or detailed standees and unique battle arenas.

Please note that Valheim: The Board Game is a work in progress and can be subject to change. We are listening to all your ideas and opinions closely and will take everything into consideration.

Follower Gift Reveal
The time is nigh. We are finally ready to reveal the follower gift!
*drumroll*

Behold, the Viking longship in all its glory! Fit for a seasoned Viking, the boat integrates seamlessly (okay, I’ll stop now) with the game and can be used instead of the boat token.

A Viking is not a proper Viking without a boat, so become a proper Viking and claim your Viking longship today! The only thing you must do is to follow Valheim: The Board Game here on Gamefound before we launch the campaign and pledge when the campaign is live.

Venturing Forth...
At MOOD Publishing, we believe that all our projects require full attention and that no campaign should run too long and grow stale. That is why we commit to deliver on time and no later than a year after you pledge.

We’re happy to announce that this campaign will go live later this year! We will be announcing the launch date next month, so stay tuned!

In the coming weeks, we will be releasing gameplay deep dives. We’ll show you much more of the game and go into detail around the different stages and gameplay mechanics. We have tons of stuff we want to show you guys, so follow us and stay up to speed on our regular updates.

Finally, we love to hear your opinions and ideas, so jump into the comment section if you want to participate in the discussion - or just say hello!

Well met, warriors!
The MOOD Publishing Team

Cronos

Veterano
1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Hanno messo anche le immagini delle miniature dei boss.
Non ci sono tutti, sembra che si fermeranno a Moder.

Screenshot_31-7-2024_35744_gamefound.com.jpeg

fadeslayer

Gran Maestro
Spendaccione! Iperattivo! Osservatore First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Io gioco col Verde!
Terraforming Mars
Fallout
Le Rovine Perdute di Arnak
Gears of War
Harry Potter
Philip K. Dick
Alien
Metallica
Blind Guardian
Wingspan
Chip Theory Games
Star Trek
Dark Tranquillity
Dream Theater
Io gioco American
HeroQuest
Tolkien
Non sono un Cylon
Dungeons & Dragons
Call of Cthulhu
Sono uno Stregone
Board Game Arena
fadeslayer
Sembra carino. Vediamo quanto materiale ci sarà, perché ho l'impressione che non ci sia tutta sta varietà nel complesso. Che non vuole dire che non possa essere divertente, ma aspetto a vedere.

salvatore90

Gran Maestro
Osservatore Osservatore 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Sembra carino. Vediamo quanto materiale ci sarà, perché ho l'impressione che non ci sia tutta sta varietà nel complesso. Che non vuole dire che non possa essere divertente, ma aspetto a vedere.
Io amo il videogioco e spero tanto il BG sia all'altezza ma temo per la localizzazione, aspettiamo di saperne di più a riguardo :)

antonio74

Iniziato
Goblons
AGGIORNAMENTO #3
16/08/2024 15:58

Deep Dive: Setup and Objectives - Pre-Campaign Update #2​

Aggiornamento #3

Dive into a breakdown of how to play the game with a focus on setting up missions, customizing your warrior, and how to take a turn. Finally, get a glimpse of what is currently happening at MOOD Publishing right now.
Keep talking; we’re listening!
Berserkers and shieldmaidens, we’re excited to be back with another big update on Valheim: The Board Game.

We want to start by extending a massive “thumbs up” to you, our fans and followers. We’re working tirelessly to make Valheim a thrilling and intricate experience, and your feedback is invaluable. We read all comments and consider all suggestions, so keep them coming!

Since our last update, we’ve seen a massive surge in comments and discussions and are approaching the 20K follower milestone. That’s more than we could ever imagine. You probably already told your friends, partners, and pets, so thank you again for your support.

Sidenote: we’re also running a monthly newsletter for our community where we do giveaways, news, updates and community highlights. Most importantly, we don’t spam. You’ll find the signup here: https://mailchi.mp/moodpublishing.com/newsletter.

Finally, a special shoutout to @Mazin and @Maced for keeping the conversation rolling and keeping MC busy! We’re huge fans.

Now, let’s dive into the cool stuff…

Missions, objectives, and maps
In the last update, we introduced the core gameplay loop of Valheim: The Board Game. Your objective is to summon and defeat the Forsaken, but you will need to prepare before facing the challenge. To get ready, you’ll need to gather materials and craft gear, upgrade your house, and defend yourself against creatures while doing so.

Before jumping into the action, you must choose a mission scenario and set up the game. This is the focus of the first part of this update.

Remember, all aspects of the game can still be subject to change.

Mission Scenarios
Every session of Valheim is featured around a unique mission. Each features a map layout, a story introduction, a mission objective, and a few guidelines. To summon the Forsaken and progress to the endgame, you will need to complete the objective. If you fail to do so, you lose.

You’ll have the option to play “campaign mode,” where you progress through a series of scenarios, or to design your own scenarios. But for now, let’s focus on how missions work.

Map Layout
Each mission has an image showing you exactly how to assemble the game board. Each mission map layout is unique and indicates where to place the home tile and what biome tiles go where – follow the guide closely, or you might not be able to complete the objectives! Some missions require you to place specific tiles in specific spots, but you’ll shuffle and select most tiles randomly. As with the game, the biomes are progressively tougher, so make sure to be prepared for the challenges ahead.

Examples of game board layouts with all tiles revealed. At the beginning of a game, all tiles except the home tile will be concealed.

Story and mission objectives
Each mission will feature a short description that sets the stage for what’s to come. We are, after all, in the mystic lands of Valheim, so a dash of fantasy is fitting. Make sure to read it; there might be hints on how to approach the challenge!

The mission objective is what really matters. This will explain what you need to do beforehand and how and where to summon the boss. Here’s an example:

• Collect two Stag Trophies and bring them to Eikthyr’s altar in the meadows. When you are at the altar, you can take an action to summon Eikthyr, triggering the boss fight.

Creating your Warrior
Not everyone is called upon by Odin to cleanse Valheim from evil. Odin’s Valkyries only select the fiercest warriors for this noble and challenging task. You might start your journey unarmed and wearing rugged leather scraps, but you bring your experience from Midgard’s battlefields.

Before starting a game of Valheim, you’ll be setting up your player board. The board consists of health and stamina trackers, three equipment slots, six consumable slots, spaces for minor and major upgradeable skills, and a slot for your unique stamina skill. Let’s have a look at these specific elements.

A player board with health and stamina trackers, upgrade skills, a stamina skill, and space for equipment and consumables.

Health and stamina
You will be starting your game with full health and four stamina points that you can spend on specific actions and stamina skills. If you run out of health, you are knocked unconscious, and if you run out of stamina, you can’t use some actions. Both health and stamina are primarily recovered by consuming meads or feasting at home.

Equipment and consumables
At the start of the game, you don’t have any equipment or consumables – you’ll have to craft them. Most equipment requires resources to craft, while most consumables require specific furniture. We will go into detail on these in the next deep dive.

Customization
You pick your warrior’s expertise and skills at the beginning of the game. We recommend you pick them randomly in your first sessions, but as you become more experienced, you can select them to create powerful combinations.

Examples of minor and major upgrade skills, the back of the cards, and a few examples of stamina skills.

Upgrade Skills
There are two tiers of upgrade skills, and you’ll pick one of each. The minor upgrade will require you to execute a specific action objective to activate, while the major will require you to execute an action objective thrice. Once you have completed the objective, the upgrade will be active for the rest of the session, boosting a specific action.

Stamina Skills
The All-father imbues you with godly powers to help you succeed in your mission. Like the upgrade skills, you select a stamina skill at the beginning of the game. These unique skills are always available, allowing you to do special actions. They don't require action points, but cost a significant amount of stamina and can be cast on yourself or any of your fellow Vikings, no matter where they are.

With the player board set up, you’re ready to embark on the journey through Valheim and face the challenges ahead. Now, let’s look at what actions you can do to work your way towards the final showdown.

Progressing towards the Endgame
To prepare for the big showdown, you must craft tools, weapons, and armor. Some equipment is cheap and can help you progress faster by boosting specific actions, while others are expensive but effective against mighty foes.

You’ll also need to return to the house to upgrade it with furniture, granting boosts, new crafting options, and stronger actions. These will help you face the challenges ahead and recover from brutal showdowns, so don’t forget them!

It is up to you to figure out what combinations work well and how to spend your resources, but remember to be prepared for the final challenge because once you summon the Forsaken and trigger the boss fight, there is no turning back – it’s glory or defeat.

Taking Turn
As per usual, players take turns in clockwise order. Each player can perform three actions unless stated otherwise. After a player has taken his actions, an event phase occurs, where everything can happen. After the player puts the event into effect, the turn moves on to the next player. Let’s look at a typical turn of Valheim: The Board Game.

Player Actions
During each round, each player has to decide how to use his three actions. These can be used for traversing, exploring new tiles, collecting resources, attacking, trading, crafting, cooking, eating and so on. Remember, that your upgrade skills, equipment, or furniture might boost some actions. Some minor actions, such as taking consumables or dismantling gear, can be executed for free during your turn.

Obstacles
Most actions require or are affected by specific circumstances. You will encounter terrain that is challenging to move through or have creatures inhabiting them, preventing you from moving through them. Some actions must be executed at home, while others require you or your teammates to have created something beforehand. Make sure to familiarize yourself with the requirements before executing the actions.

Event Cards
After you have taken your turn and before you pass the turn to the next player, you must draw an event card. These cards come in four decks, each connected to one of the four Forsaken. The mission defines the event deck at play.

Eikthyr’s boss event board with the corresponding event deck, a flipped event card, and the super cool Eikthyr miniature.

An event card has to be resolved immediately. These events can be raids, modifiers that affect specific actions, repopulation of creatures on particular tiles, or if you are lucky, nothing. Once the event is resolved, the card is discarded unless stated otherwise. After you have resolved the event card, you pass the turn to the next player.

These event decks also act as your timer, so keep an eye on it. If you run out of cards to pick up and haven’t progressed to the final boss challenge or completed the objectives, you lose the game.

That’s the details about Valheim: The Board Game we bring you today. In the next deep dive, we’ll take you through collecting resources, crafting equipment and consumables, and upgrading your house, so keep an eye out for it.

Final Notes
You guys have been asking, so before we say farewell, we want to give you a glimpse of what is happening at MOOD Publishing right now.

We are currently all hands on deck, working hard to make Valheim as great as possible and running playtests to ensure every aspect is thought trough. Our artists are polishing every game element, and you can imagine how long it takes to draw every plank of the house or every straw of grass in the Eikthyr boss arena.

We hope you enjoyed a more detailed insight into Valheim: The Board Game and are as excited as we are about the next. As always, feel free to reach out if you have any questions - we’ll do our best to answer them.

See you in the comment section!
The MOOD Publishing Team

Cronos

Veterano
1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Sembra promettere bene al momento.
Il fatto che si siano fermati ai primi 4 boss vuol dire che forse si riservano di mettere gli altri in qualche futura espansione.

salvatore90

Gran Maestro
Osservatore Osservatore 1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Sembra promettere bene al momento.
Il fatto che si siano fermati ai primi 4 boss vuol dire che forse si riservano di mettere gli altri in qualche futura espansione.
Sicuramente lo divideranno con future espansioni anche per inserire nuovi eroi e nuovi aggiornamenti

Alto Basso