Bga News

MarcoMarco

Iniziato
1 anno con i Goblins! Necroposting Osservatore 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Utente Bgg
Marco6October
Board Game Arena
Marco6October
Yucata
JamieLannister
Ciao a tutti...
questa mattina apro e leggo questa news...mi ha lasciato molto perplesso :sisi:

"...
Last month, the incredible software Google DeepMind beats world's best Go player. The Go was one of the most important challenge for an artificial intelligence (AI), and now we reached the point where the computer is stronger than the humans.

Of course, the Google DeepMind team is not going to stop at this step. They immediately looked for new challenges for their technology, and obviously they get some interest for board games. Indeed, some board games are a challenge even more bigger than Go or an AI, as there can be hidden information, or other stuff very linked to humain behavior as bluff.

As BGA is the world leading portal for online boardgaming, we have been honored to be contacted by this team, and today we can announce you this extraordinary news : Google DeepMind is going to develop an AI that will be able to play (and win) to EVERY BGA game.

Indeed, Google DeepMind is able to learn how to play and how to win at a game by analyzing past situations. In the next weeks, BGA is going to send to Google the whole moves played on BGA since this portal has been launched (more than 15 millions of games !). The AI software is going to analyze these positions and moves using its artificial neural network ("Deep learning" method), and little by little is going to configure itself. At the end of the process, this artificial neural network named BGAI ("Board Game Artificial Intelligence") will probably be able to maul any BGA player.

Considering the incredible chance we have to take part of this adventure, we decide to replace all your opponents on BGA by Artificial Intelligences.

This is going to solve the main problem of this service : the other humans. And honestly, having other humans on this website is quite uncomfortable and disturbing. When you are playing on BGA, at YOUR home, in YOUR living room, with YOUR music and YOUR cup of tea, you just want to be ALONE. Another human, this is an opponent you'll have to wait during long minutes before he decides to join your game. This is this woman from the other side of the world who dare to say "Good evening" while this is morning. Or this is this guy who always want to play Race for the Galaxy while you prefer Seasons, and finally agreed to play Seasons while you changed your mind for Stone Age. This is also all those players who thinks during hours, those hypocrites who congratulate you when you win, or worse : those who are lucky enough to beat you. Finally, there are those who don't even know the rules, those who don't speak your language, and the worst category : those who pretend to be your "friend" because board games "is a social activity".

Hell is the other people.

In few weeks. Board Game Arena is going to be the most pleasant place ever to play board games, because you will be able to play there alone, against the best robots ever, without any waiting time and without being forced to make friends.

Of course, we already know that some players "from the XXth century" are going to complain, and pretend that they do appreciate playing with real people, online or in real life. That they appreciate to spend 30 minutes in the supermarket to buy a Pringles tube before each board game night. That they consider "funny" the situation where your cat jump on the table and starts playing with all meeples on the board. That they don't mind to wait when Steeve have to explain all the rules to Jim, or when they have to wait for Jack because he started a "quick" Through the Ages game. Yes, some people are lost causes, too bad or them.

Welcome to the XXIth century board games! Welcome to Board Game Artificial Intelligence."

http://it.boardgamearena.com/#!headlines

Morg

Goblin
1 anno con i Goblins! 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Utente Bgg
Morg87
Board Game Arena
Morg
Eh, prima o poi doveva succedere...

Mik

Super Goblin
1 anno con i Goblins! Osservatore 5 anni con i Goblins! 10 anni con i Goblins! First reaction SHOCK!
Goblons
Pesce d'Aprile?

Alto Basso